Read more about--> About Us   Blended Families   DIY   Discounts   Fitness & Weightloss   Make A Difference   Military Life   MilSo Businesses   Travel   TTC

BB Cream Mini-Series Part 1: Olay Fresh Effects

AWC > Make-up, Hair, & Fashion > BB Cream Mini-Series Part 1: Olay Fresh Effects

Hello loves! Mid-June I announced my BB Cream Mini-Series. I decided to do this because I was on the hunt for a good BB Cream. I'm not a huge fan of foundation and wanted something that would simply even out my skin tone and give me a very light coverage. I unfortunately had a lot going on in my personal life and had to put the series on hold. However, I am finally ready to share the first part of the series with you.

advertisement

In the intro I said that the first BB Cream I was going to try was by Revlon. When I bought it at the store I used my hand to match my skin-tone to the shade. When I got home and tried it out it was so wrong for me! It made me look ghostly. I didn't like the way the formula felt on my skin and I didn't like the way it smelled. So I decided not to buy the correct shade and move forward with it.

Right after I made that decision I received my Sunkissed Voxbox from Influenster and it had a BB Cream in it! It was like the BB Cream gods were taking pity on me! The BB Cream I received in the Voxbox is Fresh Effects by Olay. This BB Cream boasts having a one in all solution for perfect skin. They are:

  • Refreshes skin instantly 
  • Brightens for a radiant glow
  • Evens tone with a splash of sheer color
  • Hydrates for 24 hours
  • Smoothes for softer feeling skin
  • Protects against UV damage with SPF 15



Thank you BB Cream gods!

I have mixed feelings about this BB Cream. It feels light on my skin which is exactly what I was looking for. I love the smell. It's so light and fresh. I think it does a good job moisturizing and hydrating my skin. After using it my skin doesn't feel dry. It also doesn't feel oily either. 

My biggest issue with it is that I can't really tell a difference on my skin. I've taken several before and after pictures to try to show the difference and I just don't see it. I feel like it's enough to brighten up my skin and make me look awake, but that's about it. 

Before

After


Another big disappointment about this cream is that it only comes in two shades. The first time I went to use it and I noticed the color I instantly thought, "There is no way this is going to blend into my skin." The color is so off I thought I had another product to add to a giveaway. Then I went on Influenster to read some reviews about and and I saw a woman with a darker complexion than mine who said that she used it and she loved it. She posted a picture of herself with it on and I couldn't even tell. So I decided to give it a try myself. 




The verdict: This is a good product to use as a moisturizer and to brighten your skin on days you feel like being makeup free. It's not a good product to use if you are trying to cover blemishes or red spots. 






Other Articles by Rodneya

VISIT/FOLLOW RODNEYA ON THE BELOW SITES

       

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...