Read more about--> About Us   Blended Families   DIY   Discounts   Fitness & Weightloss   Make A Difference   Military Life   MilSo Businesses   Travel   TTC

Beauty Army: May and July 2013 Kits

AWC > Make-up, Hair, & Fashion > Beauty Army:  May and July 2013 Kits

Hello, lovelies! A couple of months ago I signed up for a subscription with Beauty Army. I received my first box, but never wrote a review for it. This month I received another box from them by accident (will explain later) and decided to go ahead and review both of them. For those who aren't familiar with Beauty Army it is a beauty subscription service that allows you to pick your own samples. Every month I can pick up to 6 samples for just $12/month including shipping. If you don't like what you see you can choose to skip the month instead. I thought that was pretty cool, which is why I went ahead and subbed. If you are interested in learning more about Beauty Army, or subbing yourself CLICK HERE.


advertisement

The way this works is that you have 5 days to make your selection. Your window opens up at 9 am and closes at 11:59 pm on the last day. The window dates vary. Mine is from the 11th-16th of each month. At 9 am each morning their website is updated with products to choose from.You take a profile quiz which is how the products in your window are generated. If you don't like the products offered to you, you can re-take the quiz (as many times as you'd like) or you can keep refreshing your window (again, as many times as you'd like) to try to get the perfect box for you.

In May when I first signed up I was pretty excited to be able to pick my own samples. I didn't really see anything that I loved, but I figured I'd still give it a try. Once June came I really didn't like any of my options so I skipped the month. Again in July I didn't like any of my options, but I forgot to skip the month which is how I ended up with a box by accident. If you don't skip the month, and you don't make a selection they still charge you for the month and their beauty experts pick the items for you.
So let's get on to the boxes and what I received. I'll start with May. My items came in this nice black box with Beauty Army written on the top. The inside was an explosion of pink camouflage with pink tissue paper!

The cover of the box.
The inside of the box with the card. 
The first item I picked was a lotion from Amlactin. I picked it because it said that it's for dry skin and I sometimes have issues with dry skin. When I got it and tried it for the first time I was disappointed. It was way too greasy for my taste.
 

The next item that I picked was a duo from Enspri. The one on the left is a moisture-locking protective serum and the one on the right is a anti-wrinkle moisturizer with UVA/UVB sun protection. I don't remember why I picked this duo. I think it might've just been because there was nothing else to choose. I haven't tried it yet.
 

I also picked a product called Own. It is a refining moisture night cream. I haven't used this product yet either.
Front
Back

Another product that I picked was this Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream.

 

And last, but not least, I  picked these lash cards. I've received these before in an Ipsy bag, and I didn't really care for them. But I thought they could be a nice item to giveaway on my blog. I know some people have been wanting to give them a try, and that's why I picked them. So look out for these babies in a future giveaway!



Now on to July's box! This time the box was a soft pink with Beauty Army written on it. It's very hard to see the wording though because the shade of pink they picked is very close to the color of the box itself. On the inside there was a card, and pink and black tissue paper.



On to the products that their experts chose for me. The first thing I received are these hair and wrist ribbon elastics by Remington. It comes with 3 elastics in purple, orange, and pink. I recently received some ribbon elastics from Goody and have enjoyed them. So I'll definitely be giving these a try.

 

The next thing that I received is this Argan Oil & by Nelson J. It is a 7 in 1 non-foaming shampoo. I'm not too sure what it does exactly. And I haven't decided if I'm actually going to try it or not. I'm really picky when it comes to my hair products and I just don't know if I want to give this a go or not.

 

 I also received this exfoliating gel from Pida. I've never heard of this product before. I will probably give it a try just because I'm into exfoliates at the moment.

 

I am pretty excited to have received this body butter by Yest to Carrots. I've been wanting to try this line so this is perfect timing. 
 

This sample right here...very disappointed. Look at how tiny it is. It looks like I'll only be able to get a few uses out of it. Anyways, this is a sunscreen by Cotz face. It's spf 40. 
 

The last thing I received was another disappointment. It's a hair shadow by Colorsmash. I would never, ever put pink in my hair. Like ever in life. Not even for Halloween. This sample is a huge fail and will be given away in a future giveaway.

All in all, I'll say that Beauty Army has a cool concept. I just wish it was executed better. I'm not a huge fan of the choices that we get. And often times I'm offered a sample I already received again in my window. We'll see what they have to offer for August, but if I don't see anything I like I'll definitely remember to press skip!

What do you think of Beauty Army and the products I received? Would you subscribe? Why or why not? Follow me on Facebook!




Other Articles by Rodneya

VISIT/FOLLOW RODNEYA ON THE BELOW SITES

       


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...