Read more about--> About Us   Blended Families   DIY   Discounts   Fitness & Weightloss   Make A Difference   Military Life   MilSo Businesses   Travel   TTC

June 2013 Birchbox: An Improvement

AWC > Make-up, Hair, & Fashion > June 2013 Birchbox: An Improvement 

Last month I received my first Birchbox and I wasn't impressed. I kept my subscription in hopes that it might get better, and I have to say that this month was a nice improvement. While I wasn't 100% happy about my box, there were a couple of items in the box that I now love. You can either continue reading or watch the video to see everything I received this month!


advertisement




First of all, Birchbox changed their design. The box used to have pink letters with a couple of pink boxes on it. Now the lettering is white with a diamond at the end. I have mixed feelings about it. I loved the pink because it was girly and pink is my favorite color. However, I think the new design works well with both the regular Birchbox and Birchbox Man.






The first item I received is a Birchbbox + Color Club exclusive Wanderlust Collection. This collection is inspired by Birchbox's 4 offices: New York, London, Paris, and Barcelona. The colors are neon pastel and there is one for each city. The color is received is called London Calling. It is like a neon mint green.




I really like the color of the polish, however, I don't like the formula. It didn't go on smoothly which was a disappointment. It took me a few coats just to get an even coverage. So I won't be using this again. The full-size product costs $8. The sample is approximately $4.

The second item I received is the Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo. This shampoo is 1/3 of a 3 part system. The other parts are the Love Smoothing Conditioner and the Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion. My card says that I received all three, but the Oil was missing from my box. I haven't tried this product yet, and probably won't until I have the oil to try with it. The full-size of the shampoo is $24. The full-size of the conditioner is $27.50. And the full-size of the oil is $40. This stuff is pretty pricey.


The third item I received is a Laqa & Co. Lil' Lip Duo lip pencil. I'm not sure the name of the color because it's not on the card, but it is a pretty shade of pink. Mine was messed up when I first received it. It was melted to the top of the cap and messy. I did swatch it though and it is very creamy. I'm excited to give this a try. The full-size version is two pencils for $16. The approximate price of the sample is $8. 




The last item I received is an Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser by suki. I absolutely love this product. It smells great (like lemon!) and it feels good on my skin. I've used it about 3 times so far and I have noticed a small change in my skin. Around my nose my skin was very dry and flaky. I kept applying moisturizer to it, but it wasn't helping at all. Since I started using this exfoliate I've noticed that the flakes have pretty much gone away! I will most likely be buying the full-size product which is $32.95.


Birchbox also included these super cute postcards from each of their offices! The theme of the box was travel, so it was a great addition to the box. I'm not sure if I'll actually use them for their intended purpose or if I'll use them as decoration somewhere. We shall see!


*Birchbox- $10/month + free shipping. You get 4-5 samples. You can review the products to receive points and you receive points from purchasing from the Birchbox Shop. You can redeem points for products in the shop!




Other Articles by Rodneya

VISIT/FOLLOW RODNEYA ON THE BELOW SITES

       

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...