Read more about--> About Us   Blended Families   DIY   Discounts   Fitness & Weightloss   Make A Difference   Military Life   MilSo Businesses   Travel   TTC

May 2013 Birchbox Review

AWC > Make-up, Hair, & Fashion > May 2013 Birchbox Review


Hey ladies! I signed up for my first Birchbox towards the end of May and I want to share my thoughts on it! I love the box itself! It's so cute! I'm already thinking of ways to reuse it!


--> advertisement


When I first opened the box I noticed this card that said "Birchbox beauty diaries". The front of the card was a fill-in-the blank about the box. The back lists all of the products in the box and their full-size values.


Here is a pic of all of the products in the box:



Beauty Protector

The first item I took out was this Beauty Protector leave in conditioner which protects and detangles. I tried it when I washed my hair last week and I actually really liked it. It didn't do that great detangling my hair, but my hair felt soft after I sprayed it on. And an added bonus is that it smells amazing!
Joie Perfume


The next item was this Joie perfume (Felle de Joie eau de parfum). The scent is a mixture of mandarin, rose, and sandalwood. I'm kind of iffy on this perfume. On one hand I like the scent, but on the other hand I think it's kind of strong and not really my preference. Also, the full-size cost of this is $98. That's crazy expensive. I will probably be giving this to my mom.

Sumita Eyeliner


Another item in the box was this Sumita eyeliner in navy. The first time I tried to swatch it it broke which kind of turned me off to it. I don't want to have to sharpen it every single time I need to use it. Other then that I like the color. It's a very rich navy. And it did seem like it was velvety which is how they described it on the card.


Coola Organic Sunscreen

The last of my actual samples was this Coola organic sunscreen. I'm pretty excited to try this because I don't have a sunscreen. Now that summer is really here I need to find a good sunscreen to keep my skin safe! I swatched a bit of it and I did like formula. It wasn't oily which was great. I'm looking forward to getting some uses out of this.


Pilot Acroball Pen


The last thing in the box was a Birchbox find bonus item. It's a Pilot Acroball Pen. When I first pulled this out my first thought was, "Seriously?! They sent me a pen?!?!" I wasn't very happy. Once I learned about the Birchbox finds I got over it. The pen is cool. It's a teal color and writes very smoothly.






I wasn't overly impressed with this box, but I decided to give them a few more tries before canceling my subscription. Hopefully, it gets better!


Other Articles by Rodneya

VISIT/FOLLOW RODNEYA ON THE BELOW SITES

       

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...