Read more about--> About Us   Blended Families   DIY   Discounts   Fitness & Weightloss   Make A Difference   Military Life   MilSo Businesses   Travel   TTC

Conquering Weight Loss Sabotage: 2 Quick Tips

LOVE THIS POST? 

AWC > Fitness & Weightloss >  Conquering Weight Loss Sabotage:  2 Quick Tips

Being a wife, and for many of us a mother as well, comes with many responsibilities that eat up our time and energy.  We all know that having spouses in the military takes wife and mother to a whole new level.  Many of us take on the role of mother and father as our hubbys are off traveling, training and serving over seas.  Quite frankly, we lead lives that are a recipe for increased stress and decreased motivation for fitness and thoughtful nutrition. 

Can I share a secret that as a fitness professional and health advocate I’m kind of embarrassed to admit?


advertisement





For the past two weeks I’ve resorted to a daily dose of Cherry Dr. Pepper to get me through the afternoon.  I’ll spare you the details of what’s making life so hectic.  But believe me, I know how it feels to need a few extra hours in the day and 4 more arms to get things done.  I’ve often thought, “I just don’t have time to workout today,” or “I’ll hop back on the healthy eating train tomorrow.” 

There’s many things that can potentially sabotage our fitness and weight loss goals.  But what if I told you that self-sabotage is the #1 culprit?  Yep, that’s right.  In my life, I’ve noticed two huge ways that I sabotage my own success.  I’m guessing there’s a few of you out there struggling with the same issues and so I’d like to share two strategies I use to get over myself and get back to healthy habits. 

SABOTAGE #1:
My first preferred method of self-sabotage is poor time management.  There’s 50 million things to do and thinking about them all at once makes me want to ignore them all.   Any rational thinker knows that this method never works.  

SOLUTION:  The Sexy Six
I have a business mentor, Kraig Ward, who taught me about the “Sexy Six,” and it changed my life.  It’s made me 100 times more productive and 100 times more effective at reaching my goals.  “The Sexy Six” refers to the top six things you must get accomplished in a day.  Determining your Sexy Six just takes10 minutes to plan and prioritize what you need to get done.  Carving out those 10 minutes will do more for you than having a few extra hours and 4 more arms.  Obviously having a plan keeps you more organized, but it also leaves you feeling confident and ready to conquor the day.  So I challange you to plan your “Sexy Six” every night for the next 7 days.
  • Take 10 minutes before bed and write down everything you need and want to get done the following day.
  • Put a star next to your Sexy Six.  These are the six most important things that you have to accomplish.
  • Decide what time you will devote to getting your Sexy Six done.  Write in your day planner or put it in your handy-dandy smart phone calandar app.  If you don’t use either, keep the list somewhere you will see it. 
  • The next day, stick to what you planned.  It’s as simple as that.
SABOTAGE #2:
My second preferred method of self-sabotage is negative self-talk.  We are usually our own worst critics.  If someone else talked to me the way I talk to myself at times I’d probably avoid them at all costs.  Nobody likes a Debbie-downer.  Let’s stop being one to ourselves.  Our thoughts control what we do and what we accomplish.  So let’s make sure our thoughts are propelling us to succeed in whatever endeavors we venture on.

SOULUTION:  Positive Self Talk
Next time you catch yourself harboring negative thoughts immediately stop yourself.  I want you to litterally say, “Stop.”  Yes- say it out loud.  And then I want you to replace that negative thought with a positive one.  Choose your positive montra right now.  It may be, “I can do this,” or “I’m doing this for the ones I love.”  Whatever it is, let it be a tiny catalyst that movtivates you to keep going and pushes you towards reaching your goals.

There you have it- two quick and easy tips to keep you fit and fabulous.  Once you get out of your own way, nothing can stop you.  Now go and do it!



Previous blog posts by Evin

Workout with me live! 

READ MORE BLOGS BY EVIN

VISIT/FOLLOW EVIN ON THE BELOW SITES

 


*DISCLAIMER: Not all exercises are suitable for everyone and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. To reduce the risk of injury in your case, consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program. The instructions and advice presented are in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. The creators, producers, participants, distributors of this program and connected media disclaim any liabilities or loss in connection with the exercises and advice herein.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...