Read more about--> About Us   Blended Families   DIY   Discounts   Fitness & Weightloss   Make A Difference   Military Life   MilSo Businesses   Travel   TTC

Sort of Like What Momma Makes with Army Wife Mickey

AWC > Mickey > Sort of Like What Momma Makes w/Army Wife Mickey




Everyone has their own "remedy" for when they start to feel ill. Growing up back home in Texas, I remember my mom and grandma making us Caldo when we got sick.

Caldo is a traditional Latin-American soup that has a meat base and veggies. Now you're probably wondering "ok doesn't sound like anything special". What makes this soup different is it is a much heartier dish than most other soups.


-->


Meat bases can be beef( stew meat, oxtail) or it can be chicken whole pieces ( not chopped or shredded). The veggies are also not cubed so you get bigger portions.
Also, traditionally, you use a whole head of cabbage in it, served with Mexican rice, and a squeeze of like on top.

My recipe is a bit different from my moms hence the title. Like most, I made the recipe my own, but kept true to the main ingredients.

My recipe:
1-1/2 lbs of stew meat
1 Zuccini (sliced)
1 Squash (sliced)
1 lb of Green Beans
2 Corn on the Cob (halved)
4 Red Potatoes (cut into 4ths)
2 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
Salt (to taste)
1 packet of spices (shown in vlog)
Limes (to taste)
Mexican Rice

As you can tell from my ingredients, there are quite a few veggies in it and I absolutely love the different colors in the soup!! Since I'm getting so many vitamin goodness from this meal, I like to buy all my veggies fresh and sometimes all organic.

Directions:
Fill a large pot half way with water, salt, garlic and set to boil.

Add meat

Once your meat is tender, add your first veggie green beans. After they have began to cook, add sliced zucchini and squash.

When zucchini and squash begin to become see through, add corn on the cob halves.

Once corn starts to cook, add red potato fourths.

After all veggies are cooked, it's time to pull out the biggest bowl and spoon you have!! Place some Mexican rice on the bottom of the bowl, add Caldo to bowl, squeeze some lime on top. ENJOY!!!




VISIT/FOLLOW MICKEY ON THE BELOW SITES
  



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...