Read more about--> About Us   Blended Families   DIY   Discounts   Fitness & Weightloss   Make A Difference   Military Life   MilSo Businesses   Travel   TTC

Introducing Courtney



Introductions > Courtney

Hey all!!! My name is Courtney Youngs and I've been an Army wife for going on 4 years this October.  My experience with army life has been an interesting one and I often refer to our journey as  a crazy ride.  Before I start blogging and telling you about my experiences, I'd like to tell you about myself so you can understand where I'm coming from and who I am as an individual, not just an Army Wife! :)



-->
I like to refer to myself as an individual because I think sometimes we get sucked into the label of "Army Wives".  I am 27 years old from a small, itty bitty town in upstate New York called Saranac Lake.  I moved to Watertown, NY where I met my husband who was stationed at Fort Drum, where I worked for AAFES.  My husband, who I was just dating at the time, deployed to Iraq in October of 2009 just 9 months after we met.  We decided that it would be best to get married when he returned, and on October 30, 2009 I became his wife.  When he was in Iraq, he re-enlisted to go to Fort Bragg, NC which is where I am currently stationed.

In 2009, my husband and I decided that we were ready to start our family.  After numerous miscarriages, surgeries and problems we decided that it was time to get some help.  I went to the infertility clinic here on Fort Bragg and began testing and treatments.  After all of my tests came back clear and no specific diagnosis to prevent me from getting pregnant, I began taking clomid.  I took clomid from January 2012 until July 2010 when my husband and I decided that while he had a back to back field exercise and WLC that I would stop the clomid the give my body a break.  Between his field exercise and WLC during his 2 week break, we got pregnant.   My daughter was born on May 28th, 2012 at WOMAC on Fort Bragg.  She is now an 11 month old, almost toddler who is active and healthy as can be.  Unfortunately, my husband came down on orders to Korea just 3 months into my pregnancy and it was a restricted tour.  He has been stationed there since my daughter was just 11 days old.  He will be returning home sometime in June to us, right after our daughters 1st birthday! :)

Now I go back to where I referred to myself as an individual.  Every decision pertaining to my life has been made by me, and me alone.  I have never let the army life get in the way of me being an individual despite the challenges that we face as wives at times.  I am a full time online student at the University of Phoenix studying to be a Elementary Education teacher.  I also am a stay at home mom, which was a choice we made for our daughter.  When my daughter goes to school, I will begin work again.  I also am an avid softball player here on Fort Bragg where I participate in Women's League all summer and co-Ed during the fall.  I am outgoing and confident and I love my life as a military wife and mom!!


CLICK HERE TO FIND MORE POSTS BY COURTNEY


VISIT/FOLLOW COURTNEY ON THE BELOW SITES




Blogging about TTC, whether by AWC or a guest blogger, is to document personal experiences. We are not doctors. This is not medical advice. We encourage you to seek professional medical assistance regarding your individual journey.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...