Read more about--> About Us   Blended Families   DIY   Discounts   Fitness & Weightloss   Make A Difference   Military Life   MilSo Businesses   Travel   TTC

Introducing Angie

AWC > Introduction > Angie

Like most women, my mind is almost always racing.  I can go from thinking about war to why my dogs smell so bad to what’s for dinner to what the heck my neighbor is doing in about 0.9 seconds flat.  It should make for some interesting blog posts and I am super excited that I’ve been asked to contribute here at AWC!  With that said though, there are probably some key things you should know about me.  

The first, obviously or I wouldn’t be here, is that I’m an Army wife.  I met my husband back in 1999 and we’ve been married since 2001.  Many Army wives stumble their way into the life, but I knew exactly what I was getting into.  My dad retired as a SGM when I was 13 so I pretty much knew what it was all about from the beginning.

-->

The second is that my husband and I have been trying to build our family since 2003.  After all of the testing and waiting, we attempted two different tries with IVF.  The first was not successful.  The second was, but we lost that baby at 10 weeks.  After that we took some time to grieve and heal, and then started the process to adopt.  That has had its own ups and downs that I’ll eventually share, but the good news (so far) is that we’ve been matched with a birth mom who is expecting a boy in early June!  Right now we’re praying that this is really it!

The third thing is that I’m a big believer in Size Acceptance and the Health At Every Size movement.  The gist is that health is a multi-level construct that is not always in your control.  But that basically healthy habits make healthy bodies, no matter what size they come in.  It's also the idea that people deserve respect no matter their weight or their health issues.  I’ll probably talk more about this later and include links that support my beliefs, but in the interest of saving space, I won’t do that right here, right now.

The fourth thing you should know about me is that I’m a fangirl at heart.  And I should really write that as FANGIRL, because its so much fun, but I take it seriously.  Okay, not really seriously although it has led to some serious fun times in the last few years!  Twilight, Harry Potter, The Mortal Instruments, Robert Pattinson, Emma Watson, The Hunger Games, Divergent, Doctor Who, Torchwood, the Black Dagger Brotherhood, IT Crowd, and so on and so forth.  Remind me sometime to tell you all about the time that I went to New York City and met and got a picture with Robert Pattinson.

The fifth, but by no means final, thing you should know about me is that I have a traveler’s heart.  My feet were never meant to sit still and I do whatever I can to visit different places and see new things.  New York City, Washington DC, Charleston, Los Angeles, Vegas, etc.  Our biggest trip was to London in 2010 where we spent a week.  My favorite place to visit is New York City.  I just wish I had appreciated it more when we were stationed in New Jersey and it was just an easy train ride to visit.  Our next big trip is actually next week and we’re headed to Chicago.

There’s little stuff too, I guess.  I’m 35.  I’m diabetic, managing with exercise and oral medication.  I’m hoping to start graduate school in the fall.  Right now I’m a homemaker.  We have 2 dogs.  One is a 5-year-old beagle named Lola.  Our second dog will be one-year-old in about a month and a half.  He’s a Catahoula-mixed breed that we named Dean. 

I’m really excited to get started and to get to know my fellow spouses!  <3 
Be forewarned though!  I'm not always safe for work or for little eyes!  ;)





VISIT/FOLLOW ANGIE ON THE BELOW SITES
   


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...