Read more about--> About Us   Blended Families   DIY   Discounts   Fitness & Weightloss   Make A Difference   Military Life   MilSo Businesses   Travel   TTC

An Army Wife's HSG (Hysterosalpingography) Experience

Last week I had my HSG (Hysterosalpingography) at Womack Army Medical Center.  I've been trying for over 2 months to get an appointment.  Thankfully the 3rd Cycle was the charm.  

I asked around about the HSG, and everyone I talked said it felt like light cramps.  I'm here to tell you that, for some, it can be way worse!  The pain for me was equivalent to passing a Kidney Stone.  Actually it's worse than a Kidney Stone.  The pain with a stone comes in waves/contractions until.  This was a continual pain.

-->
The pain began either when the balloon was inflated or when the dye was injected.  I don't really know because it went from no pain to excruciating very quickly.  I started out watching the screen thinking, "This is cool. I can see my uterus."  The next time I looked at the screen the dye was already through.  I MISSED IT! HMPH.  During the HSG I was hyperventilating and I remember them saying, "We are going to do some deep breathing techniques." I do not remember anything else because the pain was so intense.  

Dr. Hines and the two other ladies helping out were wonderful and understanding.  It wasn't there lack of care or concern that caused my pain.  Some ladies have pain.  If I ever have to do an HSG again, I will have some type of pain medicine.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that if you are getting an HSG you speak to your doctor about something you can take prior.  If you aren't like me, no loss.  If you are like me, you will be so thankful you did.

The good news about my HSG is that my tubes are open. YEAH!  Just one more thing thing to check off on our journey to make a Baby Stewart.


For those of you who have no idea what an HSG is, here's a video.





  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...