Read more about--> About Us   Blended Families   DIY   Discounts   Fitness & Weightloss   Make A Difference   Military Life   MilSo Businesses   Travel   TTC

Blended Families - Happy 4th of July / A Day to be Thankful

LOVE THIS POST? 
AWC > Blended Families > Happy 4th of July / A Day to be Thankful

The kiddos arrived last night! Just in time for the 4th of July!  Although there will not be fireworks on post this year, there are fireworks in our hearts.  An excitement because Mackenzie & Danny are here.

It's that time of month.  The time when stepchildren across the land descend on military posts.  I've written about this before, "July, the Month of the Military Stepchild".


advertisement

Where hundreds of parents experience this reunion...
Although this one was in December 2012, the feeling & moment of the reunion is captured.

This 4th of July, it's almost like a Thanksgiving.
  • I'm thankful for awesome co-parenting.
  • I'm thankful for Snappers cause the kids love them.
  • I'm thankful for the ribs I smell cooking on the grill as I type.
  • I'm thankful to watch the kids playing in the circle.
  • I'm thankful for great neighbors.
  • I thankful to have my family together.
After all of that, who cares about Fireworks not being on Ft. Bragg.

I'm just thankful there were people brave enough to create our freedom &  that today there are people brave enough to defend it so that I may have a beautiful day with my amazing family.

May your 4th be as enjoyable as ours!

--Jenn

Note:  Please remember if you are going to tip a few back, sit in the back!  Please be safe this holiday!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...