Read more about--> About Us   Blended Families   DIY   Discounts   Fitness & Weightloss   Make A Difference   Military Life   MilSo Businesses   Travel   TTC

Don't Post Dates!

I've seen it over and over again.  More so on Tumblr & Twitter.  Ladies are counting down the arrival of their soldiers. Saying they are going to pick up their soldier tomorrow.  Don't do it.
  
I didn't post a date.  I said I'd be picking up my soldier this week. 
OR I didn't post a date.  I posted a pic.

Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, and many other sites you use, timestamp your posts.  It's not hard to deduce what it means when you say, "I'm picking up my soldier tomorrow or this week."  Same thing for photos! It takes little information to determine if that photo is recent or old from the information you blog about your life.  

What about when I drop him off to leave?  They announced it in the Newspaper, what's the big deal?

Don't post pics of your goodbye until you know the troops have safely arrived down range.  Yes, I know troop deployments are announced, however, actual date of arrival is not.  When you post the pic that you just dropped off your soldier at a hangar or field and he's leaving, you've just told the 'bad guys' that our soldiers are coming.

What about when he comes home?

I know. I know. he's home.  So you think what harm can that do?  Well is he the last soldier coming home?  Brigades do not arrive all in one flight or one day.  Unless your soldier is the last one home, hold your information until all soldiers have arrived safely.  

Army Wives Club, seriously, like the bad guys can find my blog....really?

Yes!  It's quite easy.  Look how our website reposts your pictures and things you say.  If we can find your blogs, photos, and videos, so can they.  AWC does it  for sharing, fun, and friendship.  I doubt this will be the intention of the 'bad guys'.

In closing..
We know you love your soldier.  We know you want to shout it from the rooftop when he/she's home.  We know you want to share what's going on in your life during deployment. Remember to error on the side of caution.  It's better to be safe than sorry.

Please follow the OPSEC Rules. If you are unaware of what these are just ask. Please do not post any information regarding your loved ones deployment or redeployment dates. This is for our soldier’s safety as well as yours.

--Jenn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...